Low cost carrier Jetstar (JQ) has filed a notice of opposition against Toyota¡¯s request to trademark its signature 'Oh, What a Feeling!' ¡°jump¡±.
Toyota has used actors jumping in the air at the end of its advertisements since the mid-1980s while Jetstar has used actors doing a star jump since it was launched in 2004, according to SmartCompany.
¡°The jump and 'Oh, What a Feeling!' is synonymous with Toyota and we have been using it for almost 30 years,¡± Mr Campbell said.
The trademark was accepted for registration by IP Australia on February 28, 2012.
Jetstar claims the star jump has been an iconic symbol of the airline¡¯s brand since its formation in 2004.
¡°It has been used in campaigns across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, China and Vietnam and will be used as Jetstar further expands through Asia,¡± a Jetstar spokesperson said.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
JQ jumps up and down over Toyota trademark
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: P.T
More Top Stories
More Airline News
- Lion Air plans Thai subsidiary
- Emirates to Increase Flights to Colombo from 30th June
- Etihad Airways Boosts Services And Operations At Abu Dhabi Airport With New Acquisitions
- Qantas allocations approved
- Launch Of Amsterdam Flights Marks Start Of Second Phase In Etihad Airways ¨C KLM Strategic Partnership