United airlines foundation offers matching grant
Mileageplus members can earn bonus miles by donating to partner organizations
United Airlines today announced that it will support the efforts of the American Red Cross, Americares and Feeding America to provide aid to those affected by super storm Sandy on the East Coast and Midwest. The United Airlines Foundation will donate up to a total of $50,000 to match donations from United customers and co-workers to the partner organizations.
The airline is committing up to 5 million miles for contributions to support this initiative.
¡°United has deep roots in the affected areas and we¡¯re committed to supporting the communities where our co-workers and customers live and work,¡± said Sonya Y. Jackson, president of the United Airlines Foundation. ¡°These organizations have a critical need for funding and travel, and we are pleased to support them directly and to encourage others to support our partners¡¯ humanitarian relief efforts.¡±
For more information, or to make a donation visit united.com.
Friday, November 02, 2012
United Airlines Joins American Red Cross, Americares, Feeding America In Storm Relief
Source = United Airlines
More Top Stories
More Charity News
- Marriott International Teams up with Yao Foundation to support charitable works in China
- Winners Of The BII Maybank Bali Marathon 2013
- Etihad Airways Donates Proceeds Of Charity Fun Run In Support Of Children With Autism
- 59 Donors Recruited During A 6-Hour Blood Donation Drive At Concorde Hotel Singapore
- Cancer Care Cheque Presentation to Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on behalf of the ¡®Hematological Cancer Research Centre¡¯