Next Tuesday, November 6th G Adventures is filling its new M/V Freedom bus with much needed supplies and heading for NY and NJ. Relief organizations have asked for generators, wet vacs, warm clothing, diapers, baby food and canned goods (see attached for a complete list). The Toronto-based tour operator is sending staff from Canada to help their US colleagues in Providence, Rhode Island collect, pack and deliver supplies to drop off locations in Rockaway NY and Asbury Park NJ. The locations were selected with help from G employees who live in those areas. Anyone wishing to make donations should contact G Adventures at 401-521-1156 before Monday, November 5th.
"It's been a difficult week for many of our partners in the travel industry, and for friends and family who live in the Northeast. We can't just stand by while so many people need help. We have a new vehicle we named the M/V Freedom and we think theres no better inaugural mission for this than to deliver a little hope and freedom to our neighbors in these states," said Cyndi Zesk, Managing Director of the U.S.
Friday, November 02, 2012
G Adventures responds to devastation wrought by Hurricane Sandy
Source = G Adventures
More Top Stories
More Charity News
- Philea Resort and Spa Initiates Blood Donation Campaign with Melaka General Hospital Central Blood Bank
- Annual Jumbo Event Aims to Raise Millions For Thailand¡¯s Elephants
- Concorde Hotel Singapore Celebrates World Blood Donor Day
- Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok - Blood Donation 2013
- Banyan Tree Management Academy Organises Week Long Kid¡¯s Camp For Children Of Laguna Phuket Associates