On 16 September 2012 Chaweng Regent Beach Resort made a generous contribution to Koh Samui Car Free Week. Extending over a week, the events culminated on September 22, 2012 with the celebration of World Car Free Day.
Top of the line bicycles were donated as prizes for the raffle organized for the occasion. Bicycles were also presented to the Chaweng Police Department in an effort to reduce emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases associated with transportation. The protection of Koh Samui’s environment is fundamental: anchor renewable energy systems, combine beauty with systems that protect the environment and instill a full sense of responsibility toward society.
“Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is proud to be part of World Car Free Week and understands the need for personal action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Our contribution to the Car Free Week is just a small part of a much bigger plan,” says Managing Director, Mr. Vitaya Whangpatanathon.Samui Car Free Week was organized by Tourism Authority of Thailand, Koh Samui Municipality, Green Leaf Foundation, Green Island Project, Tourism Association of Koh Samui, Thai Hotels Association, and Koh Samui Cycling Club. On opening day, led by a marching band, hundreds of cyclists joined a bike rally around Chaweng.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Contributes To Samui Car Free Week
Source = Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
More Top Stories
More What is On
- "Let's Bikini" Rooftop Pool Party at VIE Hotel Bangkok on Sunday, 30th June 2013
- Australian Artist Returns For Complimentary Art Classes At Angsana Laguna PhuketĄ¯s Tree House Kids Club
- Asia International Guitar Festival & Competition 2013' at The Sukosol, Bangkok
- Laguna PhuketĄ¯s Summer Family Festival Attractions Unveiled
- Resorts World Manila celebrates Philippine Independence Day in Hong Kong with The CompanY