Celebrities run for bread in a food drive to feed the hungry in Hong Kong
Jones Lang LaSalle, a professional services firm specializing in real estate services, have grouped together a team of volunteers and celebrity models, Rosemary, Cara G and Eunis Chan, as well as celebrity guests Geoff Wong, Janet Ma, with her son, and Crystal Kwok, with her daughter to run for bread this evening.
The Bread Run, organized by Feeding Hong Kong, a food bank dedicated to redistributing surplus food to people in need, started at 7.30pm. Celebrities and Jones Lang LaSalle executives gathered at Jones Lang LaSalle’s office in Three Pacific Place, and were divided into teams of two.
Close to 10pm, the participants gathered back at the office of Jones Lang LaSalle with the bags of bread collected. The team from Feeding Hong Kong packaged and stored the piles of bread collected in preparation for delivery to partner charities the following morning. The charities will then be tasked with distributing the bread to communities in need.
Brian Brenner, Jones Lang LaSalle CSR Ambassador, expressed his thanks to the volunteers and celebrities by stating “It is a great pleasure to see the involvement of members of Jones Lang LaSalle, and of course our dear celebrity friends, in contributing to such a worthy cause. Making a difference in the community is what our company is all about.”
As part of Jones Lang LaSalle’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, the professional services firm has plans to conduct the Bread Run once every quarter.
Friday, August 24, 2012
Jones Lang Lasalle Gives Back To Society
Source = Jones Lang LaSalle
More Top Stories
More Charity News
- Marriott International Teams up with Yao Foundation to support charitable works in China
- Winners Of The BII Maybank Bali Marathon 2013
- Etihad Airways Donates Proceeds Of Charity Fun Run In Support Of Children With Autism
- 59 Donors Recruited During A 6-Hour Blood Donation Drive At Concorde Hotel Singapore
- Cancer Care Cheque Presentation to Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on behalf of the ¡®Hematological Cancer Research Centre¡¯