BOCUSE D¡¯OR CHEF EXPERIENCES, MASTERS OF WINE, AND OTHER CULINARY STARS TO SPICE UP CRYSTAL¡¯S 2012 WINE AND FOOD FESTIVALS
Renowned for providing intimate access to the cream of the international culinary crop, ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises is bringing aboard esteemed chefs, wine experts, and mixologists to enlighten guests on Europe¡¯s culinary arts and host a US$1,000/person rare wine experience, with mentors including:
- Norway¡¯s upcoming Bocuse d¡¯Or contender, ?rjan Johannessen, and his coach, past Bronze winner Odd Ivar Solvold, giving an insider¡¯s peak into, and taste of, training to become the best chef in the world.
- Christian Moueix, scion of the French winemaking family behind Chateau Petrus (one of the most expensive wines in the world) and a dozen other wineries in Bordeaux and Napa.
- Hans Peter Fink, an award-winning master chef and winner of Lyon¡¯s Bocuse d¡¯Or.
- Doug Frost, wine author and one of only three people in the world to achieve both Master of Wine and Master Sommelier certifications.
- Andr¨¦ Rochat, Las Vegas¡¯s original celebrity chef (the Palms¡¯ Aliz¨¦, Monte Carlo Hotel¡¯s Andr¨¦¡¯s, and more) and owner of one of the most extensive collections of wine, armagnacs, cognacs, vintage ports, and spirits in the world.
- Robin Kelley O¡¯Connor, a 30-year wine expert and former Head of Wine for Christie¡¯s Americas¡¯.
- Dr. Patrick Farrell, a Master of Wine who has helped create instant decanters that decrease bitterness in wine and whiskey.
Complimentary cooking lessons, hands-on classes, wine tasting, cocktail-mixing instruction, and special dinner menus for all will be offered:
- 18 September: 12-day Mediterranean cruise from Istanbul to Venice on Crystal Serenity
- 17 November: 11-day Canary Island voyage from Barcelona to Lisbon on Crystal Serenity
- 14 August: 11-day Baltic/North Sea sailing from Stockholm to Dover/London on Crystal Symphony. Moueix and Solvold will also serve as chef/wine expert hosts for this cruise¡¯s pi¨¨ce de r¨¦sistance: a 7-course, US$1,000 ¡°Ultimate Vintage Room¡± fete, with Moueix sharing rare wine pairings from his private collection.
Until 31 August, ¡°Book Now¡± fares for the Wine and Food-themed series begin at US$4,080/person, double occupancy.