Changi Airport is embracing tourism growth in and out of Singapore, with 4.09 million travellers passing through its gates in May this year, up 8.4 percent on the same month last year.
According to the airportĄ¯s latest figures, flight movements jumped eight percent during the month, with the Asian region acting a key growth driver with double digit traffic increases from Northeast Asia, South Asia and the Middle East.
The growth helped push the regionĄ¯s passenger movements for the first five months of the year up by 12 percent to 20.6 million.
Serving up to 100 airlines, the airport recently welcomed the launch of the new low-cost carrier Scoot Airlines ¨C which took off for its inaugural flight to Sydney earlier this month.
The Singapore Airlines offshoot currently operates daily services to Sydney as well as five times weekly flights into the Gold Coast.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Changi greets more passengers/flights
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
More Airport News
- Passenger numbers up by 4 per cent in April 2013
- New Self-Service Technology Initative Program Will Streamline International Passenger Processing At Orlando International Airport
- CAAS Launches New Initiatives To Boost Productivity And Efficiency At Changi Airport
- Cargo excellence puts Changi Airport in the AFSCA hall of fame
- Power outage at Brisbane Domestic Airport