Drawing mainland China travellers into Macau is not the challenge faced by tourism leaders and the local government, it¡¯s keeping them around a little longer than a day.
According to Galaxy Entertainment Group senior manager of media relations Joyce Fung, with Hong Kong less than an hour ferry ride away, travellers from mainland China are spending the day enjoying Macau¡¯s tourism industry and sailing off to spend the night in Hong Kong, The National reported.
¡°The average stay in Macau is only one night,¡± she said.
¡°The target is to attract guests to stay longer in Macau.
¡°It¡¯s not only our target but the target of the government ¨C how to attract them.¡±
Hoping to keep people around a little longer, Ms Fung said the region had begun developing ¡°integrated resorts¡± that offer everything from malls, cinemas, swimming and a beach.
Visitor numbers into Macau increased 12.2 percent to 28 million last year, according to local statistics, with mainland Chinese making up to 25 million of those arrivals.
Thursday, June 07, 2012
Macau hopes to stretch out Chinese visits
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
- Viking announces new upmarket, small ocean cruising vessels
- On-Location: Destination Britain gathers guests for GREAT games and gastronomy
- New Regal Hotels Meetings/Events Bonus Offer valid till 30th sept
- WTM Latin America receives almost 17,000 visits
- Padang, West Sumatra Ready To Host Tourism Indonesia Mart& Expo (TIME) 2013