The industry has been advised to update their clients of possible delays at Bangkok¡¯s Suvarnabhumi Airport from 11 June to 10 August this year.
Destination Asia explained that one of the airport¡¯s runways will be closed for maintenance during the period and airlines and agents should advise travellers to allow a minimum of 80 minutes for connecting flights in Bangkok.
The bureau said flights could also be put on hold for 20-45 minutes during peak periods but expects no cancellations or widespread disruption.
¡°Aviation officials are reportedly planning to use Don Muang Airport to ease congestion during the 60 days maintenance period although no official announcement has been made yet,¡± the company said.
Friday, June 01, 2012
Possible delays as Suvarnabhumi runway closes for maintenance
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
More Airport News
- Passenger numbers up by 4 per cent in April 2013
- New Self-Service Technology Initative Program Will Streamline International Passenger Processing At Orlando International Airport
- CAAS Launches New Initiatives To Boost Productivity And Efficiency At Changi Airport
- Cargo excellence puts Changi Airport in the AFSCA hall of fame
- Power outage at Brisbane Domestic Airport