Norwegian Cruise Line has taken a step closer to the construction of the Norwegian Getaway by cutting the first piece of steel at Meyer Werft in Papenburg Germany.
The Norwegian Getaway is the second of the two new freestyle Cruising ships for the Norwegian Cruise Line which is on track for delivery in spring 2014.
Norwegian Cruise Line chief executive officer Kevin Sheehan said Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway are together going to revolutionize the cruise industry with their design and unique offerings.
¡°Cutting the first piece of steel for Norwegian Getaway takes us one step closer to having this ship join our fleet in 2014 and begin sailing year-round from Miami, the cruise capital of the world,¡± Mr Sheehan said.
Norwegian announced last month that the Norwegian Getaway will be homeported in Miami following her delivery schedule in Spring 2014, while its sister ship Norwegian Breakaway will commence sailing from her home port of New York in May next year.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
First steel cut for Norwegian Getaway
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: S.P
More Top Stories
More Cruise News
- Natasha Bedingfield Announced as Featured Singer for Royal Princess Naming Ceremony
- P&O Cruises UK showcases Ventura refurbishment
- Italian prosecutors reject Concordia captain¡¯s plea bargain bid
- Holland America gets immersed in culture
- Economic situation in Europe and USA takes its toll on cruising