Singapore Airlines has announced it is pulling its three times weekly flights to Abu Dhabi and twice weekly Athens services after experiencing weak performances on both routes.
Despite serving Athens since 1972 and Abu Dhabi from 2006, the airline announced this morning its last flight to both cities would depart Singapore on 26 October this year.
Describing the decision as a ¡°difficult one¡±, the airline said travellers could still utilise its Dubai service to reach the UAE and its Star Alliance partners to fly into Greece.Meanwhile customers holding confirmed tickets issued prior to today on flights to and from Abu Dhabi and Athens after 26 October will be eligible for refunds with admin fees.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
SIA axes Abu Dhabi, Athens services
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
More Airline News
- Lion Air plans Thai subsidiary
- Emirates to Increase Flights to Colombo from 30th June
- Etihad Airways Boosts Services And Operations At Abu Dhabi Airport With New Acquisitions
- Qantas allocations approved
- Launch Of Amsterdam Flights Marks Start Of Second Phase In Etihad Airways ¨C KLM Strategic Partnership