Thailand-based ONYX Hospitality Group has been appointed by Gulf Trading and Contracting Company (GTC) to operate a 120-room hotel in the Qatari capital, Doha. This is ONYX¡¯s first step for expansion in the Middle East for the Amari brand. The property is scheduled to open in September 2012.
Ideally located just 15 minutes from Doha International Airport, the property also boasts a prime position for exploring Doha¡¯s historic and cultural sites, including the Islamic Art Centre and Souk Waqif, ranked # 1 of things to do in Doha by Lonely Planet readers. Through a Doha enthusiast, based on property, Amari will make sure guests feel connected to the local culture and attractions.
ONYX President and Chief Executive Officer, Peter Henley, said:
¡°This project will be the first Amari property in the Middle East. It is a significant milestone for us and we plan to bring the personalised guest services and experiences that are a key attribute of the Amari brand to the region. Amari Doha will provide genuine Asian hospitality with a modern twist.¡±
¡°Business travellers will enjoy premium quality, convenience and thoughtful consideration through our creative corporate packages and thoughtfully designed meeting spaces. Leisure travellers too will experience Amari Doha¡¯s unique style, exceptional service and leisure facilities whilst also being encouraged to enjoy the local places of interest.¡±
Friday, May 04, 2012
ONYX to launch the first Amari in the Middle East Introducing Amari Doha
Source = ONYX Hospitality Group
More Top Stories
More Hospitality News
- The toughest holiday: Australia¡¯s first Biggest Loser Retreat
- The Breezes Bali Resort and Spa brings Style and Vitality to Worldhotels¡¯ First Class Collection
- Regent Hotels & Resorts Prepares to Unveil Exclusive All-Suites Bali Resort
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Has Received Earthcheck Silver Certification For Their Commitment On Environmental & Social Sustainability
- Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa Wins Best Leisure Development Award at International Property Awards Asia Pacific