To meet the needs of the growing collection of hotels in Africa and the Middle East, Marriott International will need to recruit more than 12,000 staff in the next five years, according to gulfnews.com.
Highlighting the company¡¯s ongoing investment in the region, the number of jobs with Marriott in Africa and the Middle East is expected to increase by 100 percent, according to Marriott International, Middle East and Africa president Alex Kyriakides.
"Marriott International opened its first hotel in the Middle East and Africa 32 years ago and we have continued to invest in the region and build on its rich heritage to become one of the biggest hotel operators,¡± Mr Kyriakides said.
With 38 existing properties in 11 countries across seven lodging brands and a further 43 hotels under development over the next five years, Mr Kyriakides confirmed the figures prove the commitment to the growth and development of the region's tourism sector and its position as a leading global business hub.
Showcasing the company's broad portfolio of top brands includes the 1608-room JW Marriott Marquis Dubai in the fourth quarter, which endorses Marquis¡¯s scale, grandeur and location.
The first JW Marriott Marquis branded property outside of North America, it will target luxury business travellers as well as the lucrative and increasingly important MICE market.Currently there are seven of Marriott's 18 brands represented in Africa and the Middle East, including JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts and The Ritz-Carlton in the luxury tier, Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Renaissance Hotels in the upscale tier, Courtyard by Marriott Hotels and Residence Inn by Marriott in the quality tier and the upscale Marriott Executive Apartments for extended stay travelers.
Friday, May 04, 2012
Marriott moves in on Middle East
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: K.W
More Top Stories
More Hospitality News
- The toughest holiday: Australia¡¯s first Biggest Loser Retreat
- The Breezes Bali Resort and Spa brings Style and Vitality to Worldhotels¡¯ First Class Collection
- Regent Hotels & Resorts Prepares to Unveil Exclusive All-Suites Bali Resort
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Has Received Earthcheck Silver Certification For Their Commitment On Environmental & Social Sustainability
- Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa Wins Best Leisure Development Award at International Property Awards Asia Pacific