The Dubai Tourism Green Awards were held on May 1 at the Al Multaqa Theatre, Dubai World Trade Centre as part of the Arabian Travel Market (ATM).
The second annual Dubai Green Tourism Awards celebrated the environmental efforts of various tour operators, institutions, hotels and attractions around Dubai, bestowing honours upon deserving candidates.
¡°These awards not only promote tourism, they promote knowledge, sharing and innovation and that is the core of it,¡± Chairperson Emirates Environment Group Ms Habiba Al Marashi said.
¡°We are seeing more attention paid to environmental issues and sustainability. The benefits are too large and too many to ignore.¡±
Hosted by Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) the ceremony honoured a range of hoteliers through an array of different eco-friendly categories.
Some of the notable achievers are included;
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
Dubai goes green... again
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: P.T
More Top Stories
- Seven Tune Hotels receive Global TripAdvisor Recognition
- SAA named Best Airline in Africa by Skytrax for 11th year in a row
- Garuda Indonesia Named ¡°The World¡¯s Best Economy Class¡± By SkyTrax At Paris Airshow
- 22 Centara properties awarded TripAdvisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence
- LAN and TAM Airlines awarded as Best South American Airlines by Skytrax