Political unrest that spoilt tourism into Egypt last years continued to impact the region¡¯s cruising industry with Crystal Cruises announcing a revised 12 October 2012 ¡®Ancient Land and Cultures voyage.
Announced yesterday, the cruise Group said it would replace its calls to Alexandria this year with stops at Haifa, Israel and Bodrum, Turkey and will extend the stay in Israel to three days as well as one additional day in Haifa.
The company said despite the changes the new destinations would continue to showcase ¡°remarkable history¡± including a Seven Ancient Wonder of the World in Bodrum¡¯s Mausoleum.
Guests will also receive a splash of Jewish heritage with US Ambassador of Jewish heritage joining the cruise as an illustrious shipboard speaker along with award-winning filmmaker, Jean-Pierre Isbouts.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Unrest shuffles Crystal¡¯s Egypt cruises
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
More Cruise News
- Natasha Bedingfield Announced as Featured Singer for Royal Princess Naming Ceremony
- P&O Cruises UK showcases Ventura refurbishment
- Italian prosecutors reject Concordia captain¡¯s plea bargain bid
- Holland America gets immersed in culture
- Economic situation in Europe and USA takes its toll on cruising