A milestone was marked for the emirate on 12 April 2012, when five ships carrying a total of 15,000 passengers and 4,000 crew docked at the Dubai Cruise Terminal.
The Queen Mary 2, Costa Victoria, Costa Favalosa, Pacific Princess and Silver Whisper were welcomed with a gala ceremony organized by DTCM which manages the cruise terminal in conjunction with DP World.
71 cruise ships carrying 275,000 passengers are expected to call into Dubai during the first-half of 2012 with projected numbers growing steadily year-on-year.
150 cruise ships are expected in 2013 carrying 525,000 passengers with figures increasing to 180 cruise ships carrying 625,000 passengers in 2015.The Dubai Cruise Terminal was named ¡®World¡¯s Leading Cruise Port¡¯ at the World Travel Awards last year and bagged five awards at Cruise Shipping Miami in March for ¡®Most Efficient Terminal Operations¡¯, ¡®Most Efficient Port Services¡¯, ¡®Best Turnaround Port Operations¡¯ and ¡®Most Improved Port Facilities¡¯.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Five ships in one day for Dubai
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.A
More Top Stories
More Cruise News
- Natasha Bedingfield Announced as Featured Singer for Royal Princess Naming Ceremony
- P&O Cruises UK showcases Ventura refurbishment
- Italian prosecutors reject Concordia captain¡¯s plea bargain bid
- Holland America gets immersed in culture
- Economic situation in Europe and USA takes its toll on cruising