Worldhotels, the global network for independent and unique hotels, has appointed Edward Perry to the position of Global Senior Director of Social Media, OTA Partnerships & Innovation Projects.
In this role, Perry will have global leadership responsibility for all activities related to social media, indirect distribution and e-innovations. He reports to Paulo Salvador, Global Vice President of Marketing and Sales, at the company’s headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
“Edward has been an integral part of the Worldhotels’ team since joining our company more than a decade ago,” says Salvador. “His proven ability to solve strategic and tactical issues, while maintaining productive relationships with colleagues, superiors and the public alike, will serve him well in this new role.”
“My main objective in this new position is to foster a world-class social media department that positions the Worldhotels’ brand second-to-none among independent hotels,” adds Perry.
Prior to the promotion, Perry was the Director of E-Commerce for Worldhotels for the Americas; he also currently serves as Secretary and Board Member of HEDNA (Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association), where he will continue to co-chair Online Revealed, Canada’s largest social media conference. In addition, he will represent Worldhotels as a guest speaker at upcoming EyeforTravel and Federated Press events.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Edward Perry is new Global Senior Director of Social Media, OTA Partnerships & Innovation Projects at Worldhotels
Source = WORLDHOTELS
More Top Stories
More Hospitality News
- The toughest holiday: Australia’s first Biggest Loser Retreat
- The Breezes Bali Resort and Spa brings Style and Vitality to Worldhotels’ First Class Collection
- Regent Hotels & Resorts Prepares to Unveil Exclusive All-Suites Bali Resort
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Has Received Earthcheck Silver Certification For Their Commitment On Environmental & Social Sustainability
- Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa Wins Best Leisure Development Award at International Property Awards Asia Pacific