Tourist numbers into Israel increased by four percent to 1.9 million visitors in the first half of 2011, with cruising peaking to a 42 per cent increase, contributing largely to the growth.
Cruise ships dock in Haifa and Ashdod for an average of 3 days, bringing an estimated 50,000 passengers and crew to shore, according to Israel National News.
¡°The decision taken by cruise operators to dock in Israel is an expression of confidence in the safety and attractiveness of Israeli tourism,¡± Tourism Ministry Director-General Noaz Bar-Nir said.
Incoming tourists rated Israel¡¯s archaeological sites, nightlife, accommodation and personal security highly according to an incoming tourism survey conducted by the Ministry for 2010.Considering last year recorded record breaking figures for the country, the increase is said to look promising to offer another stellar year for tourism in Israel, despite bleak economic conditions and a downturn to Egypt¡¯s tourism due to government disruptions.
Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Cruising boom increases tourists into Israel
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: K.W
More Top Stories
More Destination News
- Thailand lands more international visitors
- Egypt tourism recovery forecast for 2014
- Chic Outlet Shopping Launches Its New ¡®Globalista¡¯ Campaign Photographed And Directed By Mary McCartney ¨C Featuring Julia Restoin Roitfeld And Milla Jovovich
- Sydney a favourite among travellers
- NZ PM backs travel trade, ¡®Mega Famil¡¯